We offer excellent food in our cafeteria, every day. Our
patients benefit from room service and
5-Star menus based on each patient's needs.
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Ruth Lahmayer Chipps, MS, RD, CD, is our registered dietitian. She provides medical nutrition therapy services to patients with a physician referral.
Ruth works closely with physicians and other members of your medical team to ensure nutritional goals are met. Some of the areas that Ruth can assist with include nutrition therapy for heart disease, weight management, diabetes, high blood pressure, digestive disorders and food allergies. She's involved with community educational programs such as our Diabetes Support Group and healthy living initiatives.
We offer healthier options in our cafeteria, daily. These
healthier choice meals:
- Follow the My Plate recommendations, where 50% of the plate has fruits and vegetables.
- Offer new flavors from culinary herbs, spices and light sauces
- Have some locally-sourced seasonal choices when available
- Include Mediterranean-style items with beans and legumes, as well as whole grains
- Are developed and approved by our registered dietitian nutritionist
These meals provide about 1/3 of the average adult daily calorie goal of 1800 - most meals range from 495 - 594 Calories.
Healthy Living Links
- My Plate
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Eat Right
- Jackson In Action (Click here for Harvest of the Month
A community coalition that promotes healthy lifestyles for children, their families and the greater community. Visit the Jackson in Action website for Harvest of the Month information!
Ask the Dietitian
Do you have a question for Ruth? Email her here.
Find lots of ideas for dinner tonight!
Are you are overweight or underweight? Calculate your body mass index to get an idea by using the health tool above.
How many calories would you burn if you were doing nothing but resting?
• Huge food database (over 3,000,000 foods)
• Easy to use
• Log from your computer or your phone
• Track friends' progress
• Extra nutrient analysis
• Build your eating plan
• Barcode food scanner
• Recipe calculator
• Users say it works
Note: BRMH has not validated the accuracy of this tool and it should not replace the experienced advice of your doctor and registered dietitian.