The Neonatal Resuscitation Program® (NRP®) course conveys an evidence-based approach to care of the newborn at birth for all healthcare providers.
This course is for any Physicians, Nurse’s, Certified Nurse Anesthetist’s or Respiratory Therapists who are involved in the resuscitation of a newborn. This course is for the first time learner or for those who need a refresher course in NRP.
- How to work as a team in the resuscitation of a newborn. Knowing the roles of each individual who is participating in a neonatal resuscitation.
- Master skills in the use of equipment used in resuscitating a newborn.
- Participate in Simulated Resuscitation Scenarios, that will pull together each participants role, the use of the equipment from the Integrated Skills Stations, and the knowledge from completion of the online examination.
- Upon completion of these requirements, each participant will receive a Course Completion Card.
- Prior to the class session, each learner must successfully complete the online examination and eSim cases, before attending the skills/simulation portion of the NRP Course.
- Once these have been completed, then the learner/participant can sign up for one of the scheduled class dates. This must be completed within 90 days of the learner completing the online examination and eSim cases.
- Each participant will be responsible to purchase/obtain their own NRP book and for the expense of the test and class room skills portion. Check with your Education department to see what you will need to purchase.
2019 Dates (Course time is 12:30-4:30pm):
- Registration is required and limited (minimum 2 and maximum of 6 participants) using form below.
- Registration may be up to one week prior to class
- All participants must purchase and complete all online requirements prior to attending class at American Academy of Pediatrics website.
- Registration Fee: $70 (Cancellation Fee: $35)
Black River Memorial Hospital
711 W. Adams Street
Black River Falls, WI 54615
If any questions please call 715-284-1329 from 7:30am-4:30pm